- Prep Time: 30m
- Yield: 2 small or 4 large servings
- 2 cups vanilla chia pudding
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apples
For the Granola Topping:
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/8 cup hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (or you could do pie spices)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
For the Optional Caramel Glaze:
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Make the chia pudding (preferably 1 day in advance, but a couple hours in the fridge will also work in a pinch).
- Combine oats, hemp seeds, walnuts, salt and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl. Add coconut oil and maple syrup and stir to coat. Spread on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 30-35 mins until toasty.
- Meanwhile, make the optional caramel glaze: mix the brown rice syrup and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat until well combined and liquidy. Watch carefully so it doesn't burn.
- Assemble the parfaits: I like to start with a chia pudding base, then add a layer of applesauce, the granola, and then top with chopped dried apple bits. If you're using the caramel, spoon a little over the top.
- Close your eyes and think of Christmas.